Sleigh Rides in Whistler BC
Welcome to Whistler’s premier horse-drawn sleigh tour! If you’re looking to create a memorable or romantic adventure this winter season, book an unforgettable ride with Blackcomb Sleigh Tours. You’ll slide across the snow on a metal bottom runner while you sit comfortably on padded bench seats with warm cozy blankets. When the snow arrives this winter, you’ll love this adventure in Whistler’s wonderland.
What to Bring
- Toque and gloves
- Warm clothing
- A love for winter
- Sleigh season starts at the end of November and runs until the end of March depending on snow conditions.
- Bring your camera and capture a post-card perfect moment.
- Cross this off your bucket list on your next trip to Whistler. Book your sleigh ride in Whistler today!
Choose Your Adventure
- Where will I go on this sleigh ride?
Come explore Whistler’s snow-covered trails along the Blackcomb Mountain on an ‘olde fashion bob-sleigh ride.
- When is the best time to book a sleigh ride?
Sleigh rides start running at the end of November and run until the end of March, depending on snow conditions.
- Can I book a sleigh ride the day I come to Whistler?
Depending on the time of the season, it may not be possible to book a sleigh ride the same day you arrive. The holidays fill up fast and to avoid disappointment, you’ll want to reserve your sleigh ride tour well in advance.
- How cold will it be on the sleigh ride?
Temperatures can drop well below 0℃ so you’ll want to wear many warm layers on your sleigh ride. You will be given a warm blanket so you can get cozy and comfortable along the ride through the Blackcomb trails.
- What kind of horses pull the sleighs?
The common breed of horse that pulls the sleigh is called a Percheron. Percherons are known to have sensitive personalities and stunning coats of black or gray. They are eager to work and their beauty inspires magic and wonder throughout the entire ride.
- Can I book a private sleigh ride, just me and my partner?
Of course. Book a private scenic sleigh ride and enjoy a romantic adventure devoted to just you and your loved one.
- What happens if it rains on the day I booked?
Sleigh rides continue to run snow and rain. All sleighs are equipped with a canopy to keep you dry.
- Which type of sleigh ride would you recommend?
If you want to catch a glimpse of the amazing lights of Whistler village in the winter night, book a scenic mountain sleigh ride in the evening. You’ll be taken to a cozy cabin with a crackling wood fire for a cup of hot chocolate to top it all off.