Fishing in Whistler BC
Whether you’re an experienced angler looking for the local sweet spots or a parent bringing your kids on their first fishing trip, you’ll find an abundance of local species ready to bite your bait. When you come fishing in Whistler BC you can choose between wading along the shoreline or casting from a boat. Also, for the brave adventurer who loves the cold, you can enjoy a luxurious portable ice shelter and fish until your heart’s content.
Start a fishing adventure today and bring home some fishing stories your friends and family won’t believe unless they come back with you next year.
What to bring
- Fishing License (Required)
- Lucky waders (Optional)
- Determination & Patience (Highly Recommended)
- Learn local secrets and listen to tall tales from fishing guides with 20+ years experience
- Enjoy a 365 day fishing year in Whistler BC or Whistler BC has some of the best year-round freshwater fishing
Best times for… Chinook: June – August; Sockeye: August – October; Coho: October to November.
Choose Your Adventure
- Do I need a fishing license?
Yes, you do. If you want to enjoy one of these fishing adventures, please purchase a fishing license in advance. To make things easier, you can register for a fishing license online by going here.
- What kind of fish can I catch in Whistler?
In Whistler, there are all kinds of fish you can catch, such as: Rainbow Trout, Bull Trout, Coastal Cutthroat Trout, Kokanee, Steelhead, and three species of Pacific Salmon.
- What is the best time of year to go fishing in Whistler?
Because of the alpine lakes and the coastal rivers, anytime is a good time to go fishing. The colder water temperatures allow for local fish to thrive and you’ll be able to fish for a wide variety of specific any time of the year!
- Do I need fishing experience to enjoy this adventure?
Absolutely not. Whether you’re casting a rod for the first time or an experienced angler aiming for pacific salmon, this fishing adventure suits every skillset.
To ensure you fish in the local sweet spots, you’ll be accompanied by one of the local guides with 20+ years fishing experience in Whistler, BC.