Big Sky Golf & Other Great Greens Around Whistler
Are you a person that travels for the green? Or do you want a day off to get in that tea time? Whistler and the sea-to-sky area is a great place to be if you love the game of golf, paired with an incredible landscape. There are several golf courses to explore, including local favourite – Big Sky Golf.
Big Sky Golf is one of best well-known golf clubs located in the beautiful region of Mount Currie. It’s well worth highlighting for the sweeping valley views and blinding green landscape. Everything from tee times, cart information, amenities, tournaments, and more!
Grab your clubs and get ready for an epic day. The golfing through the sea to sky corridor is one of a kind. Whether you are here for the long term, short term, or on holiday there is something for everyone to try.
Your Guide to Big Sky Golf Tee Times, Carts and More
Big Sky Golf Club’s location is a short drive north of Whistler, located at the foot of the gorgeous Mount Currie. The 18-hole golf course has magnificent 360-degree mountain views.
The Big Sky Golf Academy is one of Western Canada’s top teaching facilities, providing programs designed for every skill level. The course itself has several ponds and natural vegetation features to play through. It consists of extensive practice facilities, including a 350-yard double-ended driving range, two practice bunkers, and three practice putting greens.
The golf course is open April-October, fees and golf tee times vary depending on day and month. If you plan to visit as a larger group, it is much encouraged to contact the golf course to see what sort of group package deal they can offer you.
Tee Times and Rates:
- April: $89 (AM), $79 (PM), $49 (After 3pm)
- May 1-May 23: $109 (AM), $99 (PM), $49 (After 3pm)
- May 24-June 30: $79 (Before 8am), $129 (AM), $129 (PM), $79 (After 3pm)
- July 1-August 31: $99 (Before 8am), $159 (AM), $129 (PM), $99 (After 3pm)
- September: $79 (Before 8am), $129 (AM), $129 (PM), $79 (After 3pm)
- October: $89 (AM), $79 (PM), $49 (After 3pm)
- Power Cart- $22.50 per person
- Pull Cart- $5
- Rental Clubs (Titleist Performance Package)- $65.50 per set
- Rental Shoes- $15
- Demo Club- $20
- An adult must accompany juniors. Junior’s count as 16 and under, golfers are complimentary with each paying adult; additional juniors are $35 plus GST.
- Locals Rates: This includes Whistler and Pemberton residents after 3 pm. The ID to be provided- $49 for 18 holes
- BC Residents Day: With ID provided applies to every Wednesday All Day- $75 for 18 holes
As you can see, there are several different options to choose from that accommodate your level of playing, group, and ability levels.
Big Sky Course Amenities
Big Sky Golf Course has fantastic features, and training facilities but also excellent amenities for its visitors.
- The Pro Shop: The shop contains leading apparel and gear within the sport plus custom club fitting using the latest technical equipment to ensure your best play. Be sure to ask the experienced staff with any questions you may have!
- Fescue’s Restaurant & Patio: Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner enjoy a full menu of food and drinks. Enjoy happy hour on the patio with a scenic view.
- Metallic Art: A unique feature of the Big Sky Golf Club is original metallic art by Davide Pan, an Italian native that immigrated to Canada in 1981. His work was purchased by the city of Venice and is now part of a permanent collection at the Venice Museum of Modern Art. Keep your eyes peeled.
Big Sky Golf Tournament and Other Whistler Golf Events
Are you a person that thrives off of the competition or wants to participate in your first ever golf tournament? Whistler has several options to choose from throughout the summer that is suitable for all abilities.
Big Sky Golf hosts the annual amateur golf tournament held in September. Keep up with all current and future tournament information on the Big Sky Golf website. The details will be updated as the event nears.
Check out the following Golf tournaments and events that are going on in the Whistler summer! If there is one that catches your fancy, reach out to the hosts to find out all the needed information.
Big Sky Amateur Golf Tournament
- Hosted by the Big Sky Golf Club
- Open to approximately 156 amateurs
- Price: Approximately $200 plus tax per person
- 36 holes, power cart, food and prizes
- Format: Stroke play, 36-holes Men and Women Championships
Nicklaus North Golf Events 2020
- If looking to tailor your golf tournament or event, Nicklaus North has the event package information and breakdown of included features from the venue. It is a fantastic way to create a private or open event to the public, whether through an organization, company, family/friends, etc.
Nicklaus North Group Therapy Package
- This package includes 12-24 player groups
- “Let off some steam” with Nicklaus North’s Group Package, sponsored by Steamworks Brewing
- Includes: 18-holes of golf, Shared Power Cart, Steamworks beer on the first tee, $50 KP Prize, Discounted 2020 Taylor Made Rental Clubs ($45, regular $65)
- Drinks and golf, now that sounds like an excellent mix!
Annual Telus Golf Classic
- Date: September 11th, 2020
- Recognized as one of Whistler’s best tournaments
- Hosted by Whistler Blackcomb Foundation
- Stay tuned for updated information on the website
- Located at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club
- Cost: $1800 per foursome
- Starts with Texas Scramble accompanied by activities and food
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler hotel provides dinner, live and silent auctions, prizes, live entertainment
- 18-hole scramble entry fee includes: green fee, power cart, range balls, welcome gift package, the sleeve of golf balls, picnic lunch, refreshments, appetizers, buffet dinner, live entertainment
Whistler Golf Club
- Similar to Nicklaus North the Whistler Golf Club can tailor an event or tournament to your specifications with a full package included to help you out on your epic day or multi-day event. Everything from the carts, golf clubs, paperwork, signage, point system, prizes, venue, etc. can be supplied. Check out the Whistler Golf Club event package.
Other Epic Greens in the Sea to Sky Corridor
Can’t make it to the Big Sky Golf Course? Check out one of the other world class golf courses along the sea-to-sky corridor.
Nicklaus North Golf Course
Open May to mid-October, this semi-private golf course is located at the base of the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. The golf course is located near the beautiful Green Lake, where you can also enjoy a stunning walk.
This is a great and challenging course for all levels. It includes a golf academy, driving range, practice green, and chipping bunker. Table Nineteen Lakeside eatery is also a great place to enjoy a well-deserved beverage or delicious meal.
Furry Creek Golf and Country Club
Starting at $79/player
This golf course features the western rainforest experience, where you are also likely to spot the local wildlife from eagles, bears, and deer. This is a stunning location approximately 30 min north of Horseshoe Bay or 15min South of Squamish. Open from June to October-ish. Fun Fact: Happy Gilmore was partially filmed at Furry Creek!
Whistler Golf Club
Starting at $99/player
Back to home turf in Whistler, we have the Whistler Golf Course located right next to the central Whistler Village. Open from May 12th to October 12th, Canadian Arnold Palmer designed this course. Seeking that unique Whistler Golf experience, well, this is the place to be. It also has a driving range where you can practise your swings. They offer various lessons from privates to larger clinics.
Fairmont Chateau Golf
Starting at $119/person
This is a definite must-do on your golf list, open from May 23rd to October 7th. Experience the mountains by playing the game through creeks, ponds, forests, and rock. The Fairmont Chateau Golf Course is home to the practice and learning center that features a 350-yard extended facility, teeing areas, practice bunkers, chipping, and putting zones — located near the Whistler Village, near the Lost Lake Park.
Grab Clubs and Get on the Green
As you can see, Whistler and much of the sea-to-sky have a vast array of golf courses, tournaments, packages, and venues to choose from. If arriving in for any competition or event, it is always highly advised to sort out your accommodation in advance. The summer months are busy ones for the Whistler community.
Not all golf tournaments and event information have been released as of yet, but you can keep track of their websites for any new updates. Even if you have never golfed before, there is an opportunity to learn through great instructors and course features. Who knows this newly acquired skill could take you around the globe!
Enjoy your time on the green, and get after that hole-in-one.