Wellness in Whistler | Retreats, Activities, Relaxation
Feeling in a bit of a rut with the daily grind? Starting to crave some time off? Look no further at this beautiful town nestled within the mountains, and only a couple of hours north of Vancouver. Whistler is a great opportunity to get away from it all and enjoy the BC coastal mountain range.
It’s the perfect place to break away from the routine and focus on your well-being through physical activities, enjoying the cuisine scene, spa relaxation or sight-seeing. Your wellness in Whistler will be attended to by all the options that make you happiest.
There are various wellness retreats in the town to choose from running the gamut. Whether that means camping in the quiet wilderness, staying in one of the five-star rated hotels or renting out out a condo space, there’s something to suit everyone.
Whistler Retreats specifically deals with helping people create the best possible vacation for the individual. Remember to book as early as possible to grab the best price and availabilities.
Relaxing Whistler Retreats
Looking to escape into a beautiful dream away from it all? Here is 3 retreat venues to consider.
1) The Brew Creek Creek Centre: This is a secluded sanctuary in an intimate forest setting, built with sustainable spaces. It’s provided just for you and your group so it’s an excellent space for confidential conversations. There are plenty of games and activities that can be organized on-site.
2) Siddhartha’s Intent: This meditative retreat is located just 20min south of Whistler overlooking the secluded daisy lake. This retreat promotes the study and practice of Buddhism. Accessibility to lake, backpacking and hiking the well known Garibaldi and Black Tusk trail.
3) Loon Lake Lodge & Retreat: Located about an hour east of Vancouver. This is a beautiful spot to appreciate the west coast vibes of British Columbia. Great area for corporate groups, wellness and youth. Focusing on personal growth, it leaves you with the time and space to reflect.
4) Whistler Retreats: services that aim to provide you with the best possible experience to achieve optimal wellness, rest, and relaxation. It is a full-service vacation rental and property management company with the ultimate goal of providing you with a hassle-free vacation.
The activities to do on a Whistler retreat are endless. There is plenty to do, whether that is activities specifically to focus on your mental health or activities geared towards your fitness. Take the time and truly experience what Whistler has to offer, there is certainly a lot of unexpected things you would not necessarily think of while in Whistler.
13 Wellness Activities in Whistler
You have come to the right place as there is an endless list of activities to help turn off your mind and meditate. Whether your more of a person that enjoys stillness and relation or needs movement to turn off, here are a few activities to name:
- Scandinave Spa: Visit this place, listed as one of the best spas in Whistler, to experience the hydro-therapy cycle. Immerse yourself into a wonderful world of silence and tranquility feeling the sensations of heat-cold-quiet. Located just north of Whistler Village, this spa has beautiful views both in the summer and winter. See more on Scandinave Spa.
- Sit on a Lakeside Dock: Whistler has five lakes located throughout the town all bringing their unique flare. Looking to get a bit of early meditation in the morning? It’s very quiet in the morning with a perfect stillness over the water. Perfect opportunity to take a polar bear dip and reinvigorate yourself for the day.
- Night Walk Through Vallea Lumina: Walk through this multi-media world located on cougar mountain. An immersive experience at night to see a beautiful light display within the forest. A very popular activity for a group to experience.
- Yoga: Wanting to keep up your fitness regime? There are a few yoga studios to choose from in Whistler all with various yoga class schedules. If on vacation, be sure to check out the drop-in rates or even some do offer first week trials.
- Golf: In the summer months golf is a very popular activity for the group or sign up for some driving range lessons as an individual. Check out the golf packages available that include accommodation and golf rounds.
- Mani’s & Pedi’s: Are you wanting to sit back and be pampered? There are few places in Whistler to choose from so usually pretty easy to get an appointment. A few places to mention are Be Beauty Spa & Tanning Lounge, Eco Chic Spa, Whistler Day Spa, The Spa at Nita Lake Lodge and The Spa at Four Seasons Resort.
- Expressions Art Studio: If you’re looking for a creative and comfortable indoor activity be sure to check out this art studio. Classes ranging from ceramic painting, jewelry design, glass fusing and more!
- Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing & Biking: Looking for a little bit more speed on your Whistler retreat well you have come to the right place. Welcome to Whistler the world-class resort for your mountain experiences. It’s the perfect way to get your heart rate up, breath in the fresh crisp air and enjoy the slopes!
- Trail Walking/Hikes: The Whistler Village stroll is throughout the entirety of the town if looking for an easy walk to enjoy the views it all connects. There are various hikes in Whistler with different levels of difficulty. Trainwreck (mellow), Ancient Cedars (Mellow), Cheakamus Lake (Mellow), Panorama Ridge (Difficult), Wedge Mountain (Difficult).
- Ziplining: Forget about your worries and soar through the air over the mountain and forests with Ziptrek Eco-tours or The Adventure Group. An exhilarating and popular activity to do in Whistler.
- Relax at a Coffee Shop: There’s plenty of coffee shops to choose from in Whistler. Take along a book or catch up on some writing you have been meaning to do and pop a squat by the window. It is a dream when you’re sipping on a nice cup of coffee looking out the window with a soft delicate snowfall.
- Enjoy the Cuisine: There are various restaurants to choose from in Whistler. Treat yourself to a lovely fine-dining experience at Rim Rock Cafe or Araxi. Be sure to keep a lookout for locals deals as well to get the best affordable option for your buck.
- Horseback Riding: Another great way to explore what Whistler has to offer on horseback. Learn to be a real Canadian. Giddy-up!
The 6 Best Hotels in Whistler for Total Relaxation
There are many hotels within the Whistler to name but here’s a top-five that encompasses the wellness and relaxation for your needs. Always remember to ask about current deals and offerings when making your booking, you never know what’s on special!
- Spa & Stay Package (Scandinave Spa & Sundial Boutique Hotel): Sundial have a very helpful and accommodating staff, this package is also a very good deal if you are seeking that all around Whistler Wellness Care.
- Nita Lake Lodge: This hotel is located in Creekside Whistler overlooking the beautiful lake. It has everything you need for relaxing. As it’s located in creekside it’s a bit quieter, there’s dock access onto the lake (perfect for an early morning paddle), includes spa services and pool.
- Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside: If your looking to do a lot of biking, skiing or snowboarding this is the perfect hotel for you. Located just at the base of the gondolas in Whistler village it’s perfect access to the mountain. Wake up pull back the curtain, and get your gear on. You’ll be on the mountain in a matter of steps.
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort: Located in the upper village this truly is a hotel that strives for luxury. A perfect balance of having close access to the mountain with the newest Blackcomb gondola, and feeling like an escape from the main Whistler village. Included services are a pool, gym, babysitting, wildflower restaurant, and junior golfing.
- Aava Whistler: Located in Whistler Village this gives you ideal access to everything in the village including the restaurants and life access. They are a very impressive hotel for storing bikes and skis. They have a lovely relaxation patio and pool included in the facilities. Also very close to the driving range so you can practice your golf swings.
- Four Seasons Whistler Resort: Another crowd favourite for hotels to stay in. This resort includes a ski concierge, a beautiful spa, a fitness centre, and a heated outdoor pool. It also has an intimate cocktail lounge for guests, so you can avoid the peak busy times at the pub!
Breathe Deep, and Get to Relaxing
What are you waiting for? Book your Whistler Retreat now! As you can see Whistler offers the perfect place to escape and focus on you. Overall wellness is very important in this day in age.
We all need to take a break sometimes from the demands of our day-to-day whether that’s professionally, personally or spiritually it’s good to take some time and focus on you. The mountain way of life is truly a way to enjoy the quiet and get out of your head. Take care of yourself.